30-Minute Healthier Bolognese
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced small (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup carrots, diced small (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup celery, diced small (1/4 inch)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or half and half, cream, or other milk of choice)
- 1 lb shell pasta or pasta of choice
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and pork, breaking up into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until just browned, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Once sauce has reached desired consistency, stir in the milk. Once combined, add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
VIEW THE COMMENTS