This entire delicious meal is cooked in one skillet and ready to eat in 30 minutes, unlike traditional lasagna. No layering or time-intensive steps. This is a throw all the ingredients into one pot kind of meal, perfect for busy weeknights!
30-Minute One Pot Stovetop Lasagna
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground mild Italian sausage (or ground beef, or a mixture of both)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or (2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 24-ounce jar pasta sauce of choice (we love vodka sauce!)
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked (or other pasta of choice)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add sausage, breaking into small pieces.
- Once the sausage is browned and the pink is just about gone, push to sides of skillet and add minced garlic to the center of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, pasta sauce, and all seasonings to skillet. Stir everything together, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Turn off heat and stir in mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Dollop spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top. Cover with lid once more to melt the ricotta a little bit, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!