The perfect combination of salty and sweet! These butterscotch oatmeal chocolate chip pretzel cookies are unlike any other cookie you’ve had before— chewy, chocolatey, pretzely, and buttery. All wrapped into one delicious little bundle! Oat flour is the only flour in these cookies, so they can easily be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free pretzels. (And easily dairy-free if you use dairy-free chocolate and butterscotch chips!)
A quick, simple, healthy-ish cookie recipe—
The name of these cookies is a mouthful, but the combination of flavors is truly incredible. And minimal ingredients are involved, so you can whip them up super quick.
- Oat flour and old fashioned oats pack in more fiber and protein than all-purpose flour. I highly recommend this brand of oats (I also use these to make my own flour!)
- Coconut oil increases our good cholesterol and is a delicious alternative to butter (although butter would also be great!). I talked allll about coconut oil + dug deep into the research to figure out the truth about coconut oil in another blog post. (Here is the kind I get!)
- Brown sugar helps create a perfect chewy texture.
- Butterscotch chips provide the yummiest buttery flavor.
- Pretzels create just the right amount of crunch and saltiness.
- Chocolate chips (I like to use dark chocolate!) round these cookies out. And the combo of chocolate and pretzels can’t be beat…..
Butterscotch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
Servings: ~24 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels (gluten-free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt coconut oil and set aside, allowing to cool to room temperature (this step is important so that your cookies don’t flatten out when they bake).
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Add the oat flour, oats, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir together until a dough forms.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces.
- Roll 2-tablespoon scoops of dough together into a ball using your hands and place 1-2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
If you liked this recipe, I think you would also love my Easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!