Comforting, creamy tikka masala— but in pizza form! Juicy, flavorful bites of chicken coated in spices, creamy tikka masala sauce, golden brown onions + spinach, and melty mozzarella + cheddar cheese. If you love Indian food but also love pizza, this is the meal for you! And it’s super quick with just a handful of simple ingredients.
Chicken Tikka Masala Flatbread
Serving Size: 4-6
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size pieces
- Spice blend: 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 flatbreads (you could also use naan, pita, pizza crust, or cauliflower crust)
- Jar of tikka masala sauce (I use a 15 ounce jar for two 6″x12″ flatbreads)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into small strips
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Begin sautéing chicken and sprinkle evenly with spice blend.
- After about 5 minutes, add yellow onion to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 more minutes. Stirring frequently, cook until chicken and onions are golden brown and chicken is just about cooked through (no more pink). During the last 1-2 minutes of cooking, add spinach to the skillet to wilt down.
- Meanwhile, line two pans with foil and place one flatbread onto each. Spread as much sauce as you like on each flatbread.
- Top each flatbread with cheese, chicken, onions, and spinach.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned and crispy. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions if desired. Enjoy!