My favorite salad recipe to date! I truly am obsessed with this hearty salad and cannot get enough. The combination of fresh herbs from the garden, creamy feta, freshly squeezed lemon juice, crunchy almonds, fluffy quinoa, and hearty kale just cannot be beat. I honestly usually don’t even like kale, but I’m telling you— you need to give this salad a try. And the FRESH herbs and juice from an actual lemon is a must! I promise it’s worth it.
Greek Kale and Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 4-6 side dish portions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 large handfuls kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt + pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice + zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place kale in a large bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Massage for about a minute and place kale in refrigerator.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking and cooled, add quinoa and remaining salad ingredients to the bowl with the kale. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
VIEW THE COMMENTS