The fudgiest, most decadent healthy brownies you have ever tasted! These healthy fudgy sweet potato brownies are seriously melt-in-your-mouth. And they happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
Nourishing, healthy ingredients
These treats are so nourishing, I like to enjoy them for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! While these brownies taste indulgent, they are actually packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats. This recipe is free of refined oils, refined sugars, gluten, and dairy. 11 simple ingredients are all you need.
- 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes— I like to bake a bunch of sweet potatoes at 425 degrees until very fork tender (~45-60 minutes), peel the skin off, and then blend them with an electric handheld mixer. About 2 medium sweet potatoes should give you a cup mashed, but I just bake 4-5 at a time and use the leftovers throughout the week!
- Coconut oil— I get this kind and love it!
- Pure maple syrup
- Almond flour
- Almond butter (the only ingredient on the label should be almonds— this is the kind I like)
Healthy Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (dairy-free, gluten-free)
- 1 cup sweet potato purée (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil until just combined. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in cocoa powder, almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Once combined, fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread into an even layer in the parchment-lined pan (the batter will be thick!) Bake for 20-24 minutes or until mostly set.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan, then remove by lifting up edges of parchment paper. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed these brownies, I think you would also love my Healthy Sweet Potato Cookies and Flourless Fudgy Brownies!
VIEW THE COMMENTS