This Healthy Lemon Chia Seed Bread is perfectly moist, has the most delicious lemon flavor, and is ideal for spring or summertime— and it’s so nourishing too! Gluten-free (made with almond + oat flour), sweetened only with honey for a subtly sweet flavor, and free of any refined oils (coconut oil only). The texture is amazing + the flavor is out of this world— you are going to LOVE!
I really enjoy having this bread for breakfast + seriously cannot get enough of it lately. Maybe part of me is trying to channel warmer, sunnier days (haha) because this bread just makes me happy! The color is so pretty, it makes your house smell amazing, and the lemon zest is very refreshing. You know I love my pumpkin + banana breads, so this is something new + fresh for me!
Healthy Lemon Chia Seed Bread
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt), room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- fresh juice from 1 lemon, approximately 1/4 cup
- zest from 2 lemons (making sure to avoid the pith, the white layer beneath the zest)
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 1.25 cups oat flour — I make my own oat flour by buying these oats + grinding them up in my Nutribullet. It’s super quick + easy!
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, honey, coconut oil, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. The ingredients may seem to separate a bit at first— just continue whisking with a fork or whisk and they will come together 🙂
- Add dry ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sea salt, and chia seeds) to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Evenly spread the batter into loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean with just a few crumbs (no longer gooey).
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling out of the pan on the cooing rack. Enjoy!
VIEW THE COMMENTS