The absolute BEST scotcheroos. Made with only 7 ingredients and NO corn syrup. And these treats don’t get hard like so many other recipes do!
Healthyish Dark Chocolate Scotcheroos
Serving Size: 9×13 pan
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1.5 cups all-natural peanut butter (the kind you have to stir)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 3.5 cups rice crispies
- 1.25 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, combine peanut butter, honey, melted coconut oil, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and then fold in rice crispies.
- Transfer the rice crispies mixture to the bottom of the pan, using your hands or a spatula to press the mixture into the pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut oil over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Once melted, remove from heat and pour on top of the rice crispies layer. Tilt the pan as needed to create an even layer of chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let chill for 20 minutes.
Note: Bars must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer to prevent from melting!