Happy July, friends!! I hope your month is off to an amazing start + you’re soaking in some warm, relaxing summer days. I also hope you aren’t spending too much time in the kitchen — if there’s ever a time to go a little minimalist when cooking, I think it’s when the sun in shining + there are memories to be made with family + friends. With that being said… here is a meal that’s PERFECT for sweet summertime: MY ONE-PAN CHEESY TACO SKILLET SALAD.
It checks alllll the boxes:
- Less than 30 minutes to make
- Less than 10 ingredients required (lots of optional add-ins though!)
- A one-pan meal (less dishes is always a positive in my mind)
- Healthy AND satisfying
- Goes great with a marg 😉
I call it a Taco Skillet Salad because you cook it all up in one skillet and place it on top of a bed of greens. However, this recipe is super versatile + can be easily adapted to your preferences/what you have on-hand. Don’t want it to be a traditional salad? You can put the skillet mixture in taco shells or serve with rice + beans!
Here are some more easy swap ideas:
- Ground beef — Ground turkey
- Jalapeño peppers — Bell peppers
- Can diced tomatoes — Fresh tomatoes
- Homemade taco seasoning — Packet taco seasoning
- Romaine lettuce — Quinoa/rice/beans
My favorite way to cook (and do just about anything in life 😉 ) is without rules. My recipes are intended to be flexible + serve as a guide for you to make them your own.
Here are a couple of other healthy Mexican-inspired recipes I think you’ll love:
Now, let’s get into this quick + easy recipe!
One-Pan Cheesy Taco Skillet Salad
Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Taco Seasoning (Or make your own! My favorite spice combination is: 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- 3-4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Green onions
- Over medium-high heat, brown meat in a large skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, jalapeños, and garlic. Stir together and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and spices. Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Top with layer of shredded cheese.
- Place on bed of romaine lettuce. Add, tortilla chips, green onions, avocado, hot sauce, and any other toppings desired!
If you try this meal, will you snap a photo and tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below? I would love to see how your Taco Skillet Salad turns out + how you make it your own!
VIEW THE COMMENTS