This banana bread is so moist, so flavorful, and so perfect that you won’t need another chocolate chip banana bread recipe ever again! I never would have thought sour cream would make such a difference, but let me tell you… sour cream truly makes this bread heavenly. Made with nourishing ingredients, this is a recipe you’ll want to make for years to come. This super moist gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread is a favorite in my kitchen and hopefully yours too now!
I wouldn’t go so far as saying this bread is “healthy”, but it’s definitely a healthier option than many banana bread recipes. Made with oat flour, almond flour, and coconut oil for plenty of fiber, protein, and good-for-you fats.
I like to make this bread with sour cream, but feel free to swap out greek yogurt if you’d like.
Super Moist Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 9×5 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 60-70 minutes
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 1.25 cups oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like to use dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add eggs, sugars, oil, vanilla, and sour cream. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold together. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into lined loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in the pan before enjoying!