Roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, and brussels sprouts are flavored with an amazing blend of herbs + spices, served on a bed of cauliflower rice, and drizzled with a delicious and easy Thai peanut sauce! This is a one-pan, vegan, gluten-free meal that will be on your table in 30 minutes. The textures and flavors are seriously out of this world!
Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Broccoli Buddha Bowl
Serving Size: 3-4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2-inch long x 1/2-inch thick strips
- 6-8 large brussels sprouts, quartered (or 10 small, halved)
Seasoning for Veggies—
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- dash cayenne pepper
Thai Peanut Sauce—
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (the kind you have to stir)
- 4-6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice (I like to get frozen cauliflower rice from Aldi!)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add all chopped vegetables to a large bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings. Mix together to evenly coat veggies in oil/seasoning mixture. Spread evenly into a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Thai peanut sauce mixture in a medium bowl. It’s going to seem like you added too much water at first, but you didn’t— just keep whisking with a fork! Cook quinoa/rice according to package instructions.
- When veggies are finished baking, assemble the bowls. Add quinoa/rice and veggies to each bowl and drizzle generously with Thai Peanut Sauce. Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts if desired.