This delicious, savory meal only requires 10-15 minutes of actual hands-on prep time. And your oven does the rest of the work! If you want a meal that is… super easy, healthy, flavorful, and made only with simple ingredients, look no further. This weeknight herb roasted chicken and rice checks all the boxes!
Weeknight Herb Roasted Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large ziplock bag, add chicken and rub ingredients. Coat chicken evenly and let marinate while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together broth, butter, and garlic. Pour into 9×13 baking dish, and add rice, carrots, and onion. Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Cover with a baking dish lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid or foil and cook for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!